Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Ripple Wave #2

Wow, I am really liking this Ripple Wave!
What a great variation on crumb blocks.

I have the block figured out. I just played with placement until I came up with an arrangement I liked. I love the pinwheel center and the star points that have appeared. I don't know if this is a traditional block with a name or not...I haven't done a search yet. If you know of the name please let me know.

The block will finish at 24" x 24". 
My quilt will have 16 blocks, so it will end up measuring 96" x 96" without borders. I plan to add borders to mine though, so keep watching. This quilt is going together really fast once the Ripple HST blocks are done. I have 5 blocks sewn together already....11 more to go!!


I placed the block against yellow fabric just so it would show up, as the block didn't show well against my white design wall.

So for each Ripple Star Block you will need:

Four (4) White Background squares- 6-1/2" x 6-1/2"
Twelve (12) Ripple HST squares - 6-1/2" x 6-1/2"

For all 16 blocks for my quilt I will be using:

64 White Background squares- 6-1/2" x 6-1/2"
192 Ripple HST squares - 6-1/2" x 6-1/2"

HAPPY RIPPLING!!!
Wanda


1 comment: