Friday, August 22, 2014

Happy Crumbs!

Don't you just love it when a quilt project goes so quickly and everything just seems to work out perfectly.....it's Serendipity!!!

Happy Crumbs measures 48" x 60"....the perfect size for a toddler's cuddle quilt.

I just finished piecing the backing for Happy Crumbs....the little bonus quilt I worked on while making my Ripple Wave.




I had a few of the crumb blocks left over and as I like to use up everything I can when making a quilt, decided to incorporate them into the backing.

I dug into my stash and found that multi-color, tie dyed looking fabric and I think it is just perfect. Of course I didn't have enough to make the backing, so I went digging again....came up with the muddy lime green and added that. Still not big enough.

I went digging again and found a piece of fabric I had hand dyed about 10 years ago and decided it had lived in my stash long enough! I cut the backing length wise and added a strip.

Measured again and it still was not quite big enough so I added another little strip of the muddy lime green to the top.
Happy Crumbs will be bound with the purple border fabric.....the binding is already made and I used every last inch of that fabric.

Here is a photo of the quilt top and pieced backing hanging beside each other on my design wall. My quilting studio is not very big so I stood out in the hallway to take this photo....that's why is seems to be on such an angle.

Quilt Top, Pieced Backing, Binding are all together on a clothes hanger in my quilt closet....waiting to be quilted.

I have given myself a Personal Challenge!!!!

I am challenging myself to complete 30 quilt projects by March, 2015.
(to the ready to be quilted stage, as I want to quilt them on my new long arm when I get it).

I will work only from stash, unless I need background fabrics or bindings.
I know I have enough stash to complete 30 projects....in fact I have about half that many UFO's!

I already have quilt #3 up on the design wall ready to work on tomorrow. 
It is a One Block Wonder  project that I liked the fabrics when I bought them, but once I got the blocks made....not so much. I got bored and put it away.
Well it is now getting completed!!!!
I'll post a picture of that another day.

Happy Quilting everyone.
Wanda

1 comment:

  1. Wanda! I am in awe, 30 quilts to be completed by March 2015!!! If I'd complete one by then, it would be a miracle! I love looking at your blog these days wondering what next you will accomplish.
    Hugs, Loretta from BB

    ReplyDelete