Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Georgia Bound

Hey that's a great name for my next quilt!!!!

As Martin Luther King once said....I Have A Dream.

Many people are confounded by my dream. At times I wonder where this dream came from and where it will lead me.

I want to move to Albany, Georgia and open a quilt shop. There! I said it for the entire world to see.

Now being a Canadian citizen I am allowed to visit USA for up to 6 months each year. The only way for me to move there and become a permanent resident that I have discovered is to obtain an investor's visa. God is going to have to work that one out for me. It's not my job to figure out the How. I'm just following my heart and believing God will work it all out.

About four years ago I traveled to Atlanta, GA the first time for a holiday. I fell in love with Georgia and since then I have not been able to stay away. I have gone back at least every 3 months....sometimes for a week or two, sometimes just for the weekend. When you are a flight attendant you get to do that....those amazing flight benefits that come along with the job.

Georgia had stolen my heart. I felt this was where I was meant to be. I love everything about Georgia!

Each time I have gone to Georgia I rented a car and drove around the state. There are some beautiful towns and cities in Georgia with such rich history.

Last year I found Albany, GA.
It is a small city and very laid back. County life in the city.
This is one of my favorite places to visit in Albany....Radium Springs Park.

I would stay in a hotel room each time I went to Albany, but as I stay in hotels all the time with my job I felt I would like someplace "homey".
 God just decided it was time I guess and he dropped this little cottage in my lap. I even have chickens in my yard and the roosters start crowing early in the morning....I love it!
So now I have a second home in Albany, GA and I spend as much time there as I can. I haven't made many friends there yet but I know I will. I found a great church to attend and when I am in Canada I watch the live stream of the Sunday services online.

But there is no Quilt Shop there!!!!! At least I have been unable to find one. I know there are quilters in the area though as the big box store (not mentioning any names here LOL) has a huge quilting section.

And so I dream.....I can see it all in my mind's eye.....my customers, students, myself quilting on my new longarm quilting machine. Special events, quiltathons, mystery quilts, a room just for making charity quilts that anyone can come any day they want and work on the quilts, involvement in my community. I know quilting can impact lives and that is part of my dream.

I want to make a difference. I want my Quilt Shop to be a place of community, sharing, love, friendships formed, bridges built, lives changed.
And so I dream and wait....I know it is going to happen one day soon.
Would you please all hold my dream with me?

I am preparing though....I have decided that I will need about 30 shop samples and my mind is planning all those quilts. I enjoy designing quilts, so I want most of them to be my own design.
So watch for many more quilts on this blog as I start my shop inventory.

Now I'm off to work on "Ripple Wave" which is coming along nicely. I am loving it.

Happy Rippling,
Wanda


No comments:

Post a Comment