Monday, August 18, 2014

Ripple Progress

I know it's been a few days since my last post....I've been working hard on my Ripple Wave quilt. So I decided to do an update to show my progress.

I made the choice to do my quilt with 9 blocks...the quilt was just getting so big.
My sewing room is not very big....I couldn't get far enough away to get the entire quilt in the photo, so I did it in segments.

 So the Ripple Block finishes at 24"x 24". I used 9 blocks sewn in 3 rows of 3 blocks.

 I then added a narrow border in red using strips cut 1". I needed to go with a narrow border that will finish at 1/2" as if I had used a wider inner border then my star point blocks I wanted to use in my pieced border would not have fit. Keep that in mind.
 I have started sewing the HST blocks into strips for my border, but it is not attached to the quilt yet.

 I am really liking how this is turning out so far.

I have no ideas yet for the next border, but I know it will come to me once I reach that stage.

Happy Rippling!!!
Wanda

4 comments:

  1. I love it and it is coming along so nicely! I may have to get busy on one. I have plenty to use tor my base blocks! Do I dare take on this challenge? :D Kathy Aho in MN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda, It's turning out fantastic. Maybe I need to stop giving my crumbs away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just gorgeous!! I found your link on Stashbusters - thank you for sharing your blog. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment Alycia.

    ReplyDelete