Sunday, September 21, 2014

Continuing My Quilting Marathon.

The next project I dug out of my UFO bin was this Round Robin Quilt. For many years I participated in Round Robins with a group of 6 gals online. We would each make a center block and send that block to the next person on the list. When we received someones block we then put a pieced border around their center block and sent it on to the next person down the list so that they could add a border....and so on and so forth. Six months later I received my completed top back in the mail. What a lovely surprise when I opened up this beauty!!!!
 Some close up shots of some of the details in this quilt. There is lots of paper pieced designs and I just love it so much.



This is my center block that I made and sent off to the gals to work their magic.




See those little triangles in this border. I think they finish at a teeny tiny 1".
Amazing work these gals accomplished.


All this quilt needed was backing pieced and binding made. I found a nice black print in my stash and had those done in no time flat.
This one is all ready for the long arm machine.




I then dug out this top. I had the center pieced and all it needed was borders added, backing pieced and binding made. I got the borders and binding done last night and got up early this morning and pieced the backing.
This is a free pattern on Bonnie Hunter's site....www.quiltville.com
It's called Bricks & Stepping Stones. It makes up very quickly.




My count of completed quilt tops, backings and bindings is at  11 now.

I had challenged myself to complete 30 tops in 30 weeks.
I am in week 6 now and way ahead of the game. 
I have been working very hard.

This is really amazing to me as I had lost my quilting MoJo four years ago when I went through a divorce and in the process lost my long arm machine and my business.
I was unable to even look at my quilts for most of those years as I grieved those losses. 
But I am happy to say I have found my MOJO again and I am having so much fun spending time in my quilt studio. 

Quilty Hugs,
Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment